How to stand in a rough season

 How I was able to keep myself through the Holy Spirit after divorce



Spend quiet time in prayer with the lord reflecting on my life and the things I have experienced up until this point.


I honored the time I was married and thanked God for the good, bad, and the ugly I thanked God for having this experience even though it was now over.  


I had support groups where I could talk about what I was experiencing with others who had experienced the same thing, Divorce care and celebrate recovery


Set up accountability for myself, with people I could tell when I was at a sticking point and needed someone to pray with me or give me counsel at that time. Having wise counsel is essential


Find things to do, healthy things that help you to grow spiritually, and mentally, and grow your friendships.


🚨Do not begin dating too quickly🚨 I realized that this is not the time to connect with someone.   This time is to disconnect from your ex and to your last season, all the dreams, hopes, and plans.  It's time to begin to let it all go!

Give yourself time to relearn what God wants for your life. Learn what you like now, and learn how you can take care of yourself and your children.


Guard your heart. Sometimes I guarded myself from the things that came into my own heart like feelings of isolation or feeling unwanted, loneliness, regret, and feelings of offense. 


Get comfortable in your own space without anyone and learn to like it


Forgive your ex and yourself.


I spent time with my children, my dogs my friends. I often told the Lord exactly what I was feeling. I am so glad he is not afraid of me or my pain.  He was able to help me through it, he told me I am still loved and valuable.  I did struggle with my self-worth at that time because I didn’t want the divorce, but God being the faithful God that he is began to repair those feelings. I joined Destiny Training Academy at my church which really walks you through the pain and where it all started, it helped me not only get healed but to get whole.


I was determined in my heart to not become bitter so I often prayed against bitterness

 I continue to honor marriage as being good and a God-ordained institution.

I did not become jealous or envious of married people but encouraged those who are married to avoid the pitfalls that I fell into.

I always have a good playlist of music to remind me of  the greatness of the Lord,

I fixed my eyes upon Christ in every season!


Scriptures to Meditate upon.

Joel  2:25-26


I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten

    the great locust and the young locust,

    the other locusts and the locust swarm

the great army that I sent among you.


Exodus 14:14

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still


Hebrews 13:5


Never will I leave you;

    never will I forsake you.”


Psalm 34:18-20

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

The righteous person may have many troubles,
    but the Lord delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
    not one of them will be broken.


Psalm 147:3


He heals the brokenhearted

and binds up their wounds.



The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want!

Psalm 23:1


Comments

Popular Posts