What's next...

 

What's next...


Have you ever found yourself saying that to yourself or better yet have you cried out to God with these words?   Lord what is next on this journey I call life?  Somehow I have fallen into a pit of feeling overwhelmed, tired, disgusted and a mixture of ups and downs.  I say to myself this can not be the way it's supposed to be.  I see my fellow sisters and brothers, shoot even myself 8 years ago with a constant word in my mouth and continuous joy.  But now there has been a change I feel a deep sense of  dissatisfaction inside a thought that wants to sit with me day and night and remind me that I missed the boat, tapping me on the shoulder saying your are not like them they have it and you obviously don't.

As I am on this campus the realization that I am supposed to be in another station in life keeps hitting me over and over again.  Educated people all over both young and old doing, being, becoming what they were Graced to do. But where am I Lord?    

As I am writing it is becoming more apparent to me me that there is a remedy for what I am feeling, it is to do the opposite of what you feel like doing.  Do you want to hide, Instead engage.  Do you feel sad instead praise want to quit instead go a little harder run a little farther.  Give your everyday the best you can, be or get excited for a brand new day.  Imagine your brand new day like a brand new car. Oh how pretty look at that shinny new paint job what ever color you like, smell that new interior, we all love that new smell oh you get to play with new gadgets its a whole experience you have never had.  

So approach your every new day in that same way, you have never seen this day breathe it in with the Holy Spirit. Take in the new sights and sounds and new direction the Holy Spirit will take you in. Yesterday is gone along with what you did or didn't do I sense newness What an opportunity!

So if you are like me today and felt all that I before described begin to do these things

  • Change your actions from what you feel to what The Word of God says
  • rejoice on purpose
  • be thankful
  • embrace every new day as an opportunity
  • Meditate on these scriptures for strength and 
  • Psalms 100:4, Psalms 107:22, Col 2:7

Comments

Popular Posts